CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: CT river help....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jokerswild

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: CT river help.... Reply with quote

I'm heading to the ct river for LMB for the first time on Friday. Either East Hartford or Deep River. I'm looking for a little advice, what and where is good? Color? Technique etc. I know people dont like to give out there secrets and what not, but a little help would be appreciated.
hoppy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

down that way the tide does actually play a significant card. id key on any cove you can get into. The usual stuff will work but if you want to keep it easy and simple a wacky rigged senko seems to be the bait of choice for most. However if slinging a senko isnt your thing as its not mine......spinnerbaits, jigs, creature baits, tubes, etc will all put fish in the boat. did i mention the tide?? the main river will produce fish for those that know the main river. you can narrow down your search and time spent looking by hitting coves and or marinas. get that bait tite to any structure. river fish love hanging tite to structure. they usually come alive when the tide starts moving the water into or out of the coves.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the most important thing to know about fishing the Connecticut River is the tide table. The outgoing tide seems to be the best for fishing. I'm a small water guy and don't get out on the Connecticut River very often, but the east side of the main channel across and upriver from the free boat launch ramp at Haddam Meadows State Park is great when the water is dropping and racing past it. Just drift past the rocky bank and chuck wacky rigged Senkos or weighted tubes at it. You'll get largemouth and smallmouth bass there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!! that gets me started. im not to much of a "wacky Senko" guy, but when things aren't happening i tie 'em on!! I think i will head to Haddam.
Flipper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salmon Cove has lots of fish in it , as well. It's just downstream from the launch and is out of the main current. Watch out for pike in that section of the river! Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice pike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: