CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: ct. river reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buckbuster

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: ct. river reports Reply with quote

What's up? I'm anxiously waiting for the Stripers to make it up to the Enfield/Windsor area !!! Anyone have any luck there yet???
fishin

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as per Connecticut Outfitters fish report. I'm heading out shortly to confirm Smile

The Ct river has finally dropped to launchable and fishable levels even though the water is still quite dirty. Wethersfield cove and the rest are LOADED with Herring. Shad numbers look excellent with many anglers limiting out on Bucks. Shad are being caught in al the usual places like the bissel bridge launch, under the tressel in East Hartford, and all the way up the Farmington almost to Rainbow dam.
Shad bellies are a great offering for both Stipers and channel cats. The mattabesset and Quinnipiac are seeing their share of shad and herring as well.
Keeper stripers are being landed from enfield to saybrook, from boats and from shore. Keeper stripers are being caught on hard baits like Gags Mambo Minnows, Bombers and Badonka-donks. Soft baits that are producing are lead by trolling the tube and worm, downstream direction and really slow, but casting Zoom Super flukes 7” in pearl, and swimshads like Tsunami and storm wildeyes in pearl, and chartreuse are working great too.
justcool

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Where are your guy launching from around Hartford Reply with quote

Plz... The water still seems rough
buckbuster

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, gonna wait one more week, then pound the river hard!!!! I'm feelin striper fever!!!! Laughing
E-man

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water is already getting low.
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water levels are fine but still dirty. Lots of debris on the Baldwin ramp. Caught schoolies in the mouth on pearl Bomber A-Salts and Spro stick baits. Took a trip over to Orient Point for a look, but didn't see anything to keep me there. Won't be long.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: