CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: ct river south
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tmac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: ct river south Reply with quote

Fished the mouth,and then headed up north to Hamburg,nothing in the mouth at all temps were 42,then headed to the cove, throwing 1/2 ounce jigheads with houdini shads, marked fish but no takers,so we headed to my white perch spot caught a bunch also some yellows,there was about 6-7 other boats in the cove I didnt see anyone catch anything the cove temps 47 -50 all the way in the back were water becomes clear.
BoSox46GSR

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually in the cove today too. I caught a couple large mouths on a Rapala X Rap, Black and Gold, saw a couple Pike. My brother caught a few schoolies, not much size to them though.
Tmac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you saw Pike in Hamburg cove,ive never seen them that far south didnt know it was possible maybe were talking about diff coves.
BoSox46GSR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only seen them in there during spawn season. I'm pretty sure there's only one Hamburg Cove but I may be wrong. But they're definately in there!
Esox CT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I would think if bass can hang in Hamburg, pike prob can too. Anyone ever seen a smallmouth in Hburg??
JohnS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can count on one hand how many pike I have seen come out of Hamburg Cove in the last 15 years. I ONCE caught a SMALLIE in the big cove in the same time frame. I only fish there in spring/fall. Someone fill in the blanks for summer time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: