CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: CT River
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAP284

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: CT River Reply with quote

Haven't been in months. What's the water clarity looking like the past week? Temps?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fished the river near middletown last sunday seemed pretty muddy ( but it always is through there) Temps seemed pretty high too low 70's maybe just guessing sorry not much help. Was catfishing with cut eel couple nibbles but no luck?
SAP284

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. I had 80 views and no replies! I know there has to be some here fishing the river!

I launched in Portland yesterday, it was a bit dirty but tolerable. Fish seemed to be pretty active throughout the day. Water temp was about 73 degrees. Water level seemed normal.

Managed about 10 fish..few bass, few nice sized pickerel, and pike. Lost a nice size 30+ pike at the boat too Evil or Very Mad

Crank baits seemed to work best with the weather yesterday...with the coolness and overcast.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Launched out of Portland last few weeks and went up the Mattabessett.
Also launched my kayak im Cromwell and went down the Mattabessett a few times.

Been getting a lot of bass, a bowfin, a pike. Lost a pike, had a nice one follow my topwater frog and seen a few bowfin when I was in the kayak.

None of the LMB have been very big, nothing over 13 inches.
I don't have much experience with the mattabessett. Has anyone gotten any good sized bass out of there?
Gee_Boog

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll walk the mattebessett from behind the diner in berlin for about a mile in either direction hittin holes and havin some success. However, as previously mentioned I'm not getting into anything over 13" either. Most success coming on rubber tackle or flies the past week. Water is pretty low but damn clear, a lot of action with real long curly tail worms, split tail salty shad baby bass color...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: