CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Ct. River
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jbird77

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Ct. River Reply with quote

Fish has been grate on the ct river sence mamoreal day weekend from rockyhill to hart. It slowed down alittle but still gettin some nice largemouth bass,crapie and some pike. I got a relly nice wallie 6/16/10 it was like 2p 20-23in it was a breeder it had eggs. I found a strip of row in the boat when I was cleaning it out . I let it go I never keep anything . Jbird77
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: Nice Reply with quote

I didn't know that there are walleye pike in the Connecticut River. Thanks for the report.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peco....walleye and pike are two different fish. Just makin sure you arnt confused on that. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toptech

Jbird77 said he caught a "wallie" too. I don't think he meant it was a northern. Wink

Phil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toptech wrote:
Peco....walleye and pike are two different fish. Just makin sure you arnt confused on that. Laughing

up north walleye are called "walleyed pike" I assume its because of the teeth on a walleye. so he isn't wrong, its just the wrong slang.

Like a rock fish and a striper same fish just different state...rock fish is the common name in Maryland
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Oh, now I get it. . . Reply with quote

Yeah, toptech, dave_376 is right. I'm from the Chicago area. In northern Illinois and Wisconsin, we call walleye "walleye pike" or "walleyed pike". And, yes, I know they're not really pike. I'll try to stick to just "walleye" from now on. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: I know what a wallie looks like Reply with quote

I think I now what the difrince between a wallie and a pike I catch planty of pike in the river but this was my frist wallie. My cousin got to last year at rockyhill fairy . So think what you would like I have pics to prove it. I'll post them as soon as I take them off my camra.
Jbird77

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: I know what a wallie looks like Reply with quote

I think I now what the difrince between a wallie and a pike I catch planty of pike in the river but this was my frist wallie. My cousin got to last year at rockyhill fairy . So think what you would like I have pics to prove it. I'll post them as soon as I take them off my camra.
Phish

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone was doubting you, Jbird. They were discussing the proper or common name of a walleye.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: