CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: CT river Windsor Locks up to Enfield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iversonbaby

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: CT river Windsor Locks up to Enfield Reply with quote

Hit the East Windsor bridge at 8am for 1.5hrs fishing the pilings from on the bridge. current was strong as the flows have increased. we dropped both sandworms and large shiners looking for anything but mostly scoping stripers. got nothing not even nibbles from any white perch.. very discouraging. moved to enfield for another hour or so up near the Thompsonville boat launch the wind picked up and flows were up obviously as well. 2 oz of lead seemed to hold bottom. again no bites to report.....

Seems like its just to cold for exploratory fish as they seem to bee schooled up hard. I figured the bridge pilings would have been decent. maybe the warmer water in Hartford is more enticing. either way this cold weather is tough to fish in for me. temps were at 29 and was bitter. unless I hear anything picking up ill most likely wait until we see mid 50's and hope the water temps get closer to 50 as well. just my report from northern CT river as I know there are a few around that look for them. sure enough ill be out there with my mack and eels chasing those cows.
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about the Route 140 bridge? The bridge piers were on fire a few Summers ago, but the flows have been terrible since then. Thanks for the report.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Are you talking about the Route 140 bridge? The bridge piers were on fire a few Summers ago, but the flows have been terrible since then. Thanks for the report.

its the 140 bridge or "bridge street" in windsor/windsor locks border.
the bridge supports were where i was dropping my line down to. they produced very well last year with many cats . up to 12 pounds. i moved around and fished 3 of the "pilings" it looks like the dam might be flowing up north as the other day the water was low and slow. now it is moving much more "seasonally"
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iversonbaby wrote:
PECo wrote:

its the 140 bridge or "bridge street" in windsor/windsor locks border.
the bridge supports were where i was dropping my line down to. they produced very well last year with many cats . up to 12 pounds. i moved around and fished 3 of the "pilings" it looks like the dam might be flowing up north as the other day the water was low and slow. now it is moving much more "seasonally"

When I said "on fire", I meant with smallmouth bass, not catfish. Laughing I'm glad to hear about the catfish, though. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to warm towards the weekend. Once the herring move in and the water warms, I'll start fishing evenings on the weekdays. Not worth the sleep deprivation at this point. Itchin for stripers!
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: