CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: CTFishTalk Haddam Meadows Tourney results
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: CTFishTalk Haddam Meadows Tourney results Reply with quote

Hello Everybody,

First of all I'd like to thank all who participated in the first CTFishTalk.com field day and tournament. I'd also like to thank Lyman for the CTFishTalk T shirts, and thanks also to SkeeterRon for Co running this event with me, and all the Locktite goodies, T Shirts, hats, threadlocker, etc. I don't want to forget to say thank you to Mark (just for fun), for the use of his mesh weigh in bag, it came in handy. I think a good time was had by all. Almost everybody brought some kind of food or beverage, and there was plenty of it to go around. Quint and plopplop showed up at the weigh in / picnic with marinated venison and stuffed clams, my hats off to you guys. I had a great time standing behind the grill, hanging out and BSing with you all. We will definately do it again.

Chris Novak showed up and fished with us, as well as another team from the RI tournament, that went to the wrong launch in the morning, and decided to fish our tourney instead, as they were too late to get into the RI deal. So we had 8 boats total, not bad, but next time maybe we'll get double that # .

Here are the tournament results:
1st place - Johnny Skeeter / Yours Truly with 2 fish for 7lbs. 9oz.
2nd place- Mike Hansen / Chris Wong with 3 fish for 6lbs. 4oz.
3rd place - Mike Rez. / Kidbass with 3 fish for 5lbs. 14oz.
Lunker - Johnny Skeeter / YoursTruly - a 4lb 9oz. largemouth

Everybody that hung around got a bag of baits, and most I believe, got a Locktite T shirt and new threadlocker product.

The day was a hot one for sure, bluebird skies made for a tough bite for most competators. Most boats caught fish, just few big ones. A few pike seen and caught. I don't know what others caught their fish on, but ours were caught on a 3/8 oz. black and blue jig, and a melon pepper tube. Very light winds, water temp was about 75 degrees on the main river.

Thanks again to all who made this day a success.

Gary

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a nice event,..sorry I couldn't make it. Kudos to Gary & Ron for putting it on and congrats to Gary & Johnny on the win!
Chris N.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for having the T. I had a good time. Wish I had my boat. Thanks to my friend Neil for allowing me to use his boat. Wish we had another hour, the tide would have been good. Is there a next one?
Chris
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, I started a new thread under Tournaments, looking for input to hopefully get more interest and a better turnout for the next one. My next open date is Oct. 4th, if somebody else wants to run one before that be my guest.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definetly had a great time! Thanks a lot Gary! I just wish I hadnt over slept by like an hour. At least I made it and was only 7 mins late.......

I agree with Chris! Lets do it again soon! This time, like Chris, Ill bring my own boat.....It's hard to fish out of a boat that does 30 when you're use to mid 70's...... Doesnt allow for much fishin time.......

Thanks again Gary and lets do it again soon! Congrats on the win.

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like everyone had a good time. Sorry I missed it. The trip down to JFK was a 8 hour ordeal round trip with the NY traffic and that's not counting the time actually in the airport. Didn't get home till after 9 pm. Congrats to the winners!
MIKE REZ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: FIELD DAY Reply with quote

kid bass and i had a great time.

thanks Gary.
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slimecoat (Gary),

Sorry for the late post, I was on vacation this past week fishing my butt off all over the state.

Thank you for running the T, I had a great time fishing and meeting the guys. My son loved watching how a T is run and the weight-in.

I in on the next T as long as SkeeterJim is available.

Ron

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ron, I had a great time as well, thanks again for all the locktite goodies. I noticed you have a small tin boat in your yard, did you pick one up while on vacation?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have good eyes.

No I've had that for about a year now, I spent some time this past week hitting the small water holes around the state.

I have it set-up pretty good.

If you ever want to step down and go with the jon boat let me know.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevnseat,

The shirts were very well received, and no harm done with missing the tourney. Justin Tralli and I are running another tourney at Gardner Lake on August 16th, the thread is already started, join us for the fun. Hope the IRS goes easy on you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: