CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: curado 200DHSV keeps slipping off of rod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: curado 200DHSV keeps slipping off of rod Reply with quote

I put my curado on a st croix premier rod. This is just a temp setup until I purchase a crucial for it. However, the reel keeps coming off the rod no matter how much I tighten it down. Anyone else have a problem like this. My old Mitchell bait caster would always stay on securely on the same rod. any recommendations

Justin
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the thread stripped on the reel seat?
dave_376

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the thread is slipping/stripped try wrapping a little electrical tape around it and it shoult build up the threads enough to keep it tight.

some times there is play under the reel plate and the seat on the rod. this can also be fixed with electrical tape. place a few strips length wise on the reel plate and use a razor to trim it.

good luck
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is not striped. It pops out at the bottom. I will try taping her in. I just got back from the wethersfield cove and made a few cast. I suck at bait casting but the curado cast like a dream. Not one back lash and it cast a mile. I might have to get a couple of them:)

Justin
dave_376

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the reel plate inserted into the reel seat on the bottom? is the reel seat too big or too small???? usually if the reel falls out of the seat it because the seat is stripped or there is play between the reel plate and the seat which can be fixed by shimming it as directed in above post. if the rod is too big for the reel the lock down screws just wont hold it in place. good luck. and yes a good reel casts much better than a cheap one. with practice you will continue to improve.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually means the reel seat is a little too large so that it has a little slop in the fit to the feet on the reel. Try the strips of electrical tape lengthwise on top of the reel seat like Dave suggested. That will give it a more snug fit and should solve the problem!
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys. I think the reel seat is just to big for the curado, I will throw some tape on there to secure it better. I will be buying a crucial soon so that will probably fix the problem all together.

The wethersfield cove is flooded as hell right now. The edges are starting to freeze again.

Justin
Nickp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin, cabelas still has a Heavy 7'0 crucial. Thats what I paired my 200dhsv with. Next is a 7 6 XH.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick what did that rod run you?

The curado cast like a dream, I am loving it. Probably gonna pick up the 5.1 version as well this summer.

Justin
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that doesn't work this will:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&partNumber=94037&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: