CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: DEAD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: DEAD Reply with quote

After the day I had Wednesday I headed back out to the same spot I was hitting the blues at that day. Thursday's high for Black Rock was 4:11pm and the winds were lighter and more southerly this time. Brought my lighter 7'6" setup this time.

Threw a whole variety of lures this time as I worked the Fayerweather jetty but never had a single hit, swirl, or follower. Didn't see any splashes, jumps, or swirls this time either. Thick clumps of this brown colored seaweed was thick near the jetty in some locations. Porgy fishermen weren't into it vs Wednesday at the spot they like to chum at.

Headed out onto Fayerweather Island and worked calmer waters and eel grass areas but nada. Saw birds working the water farther out in a certain spot that is always bound to hold bait and fish.

Next stop was the rocky stretch. Basically threw the LC-12, chrome FLR-10, glass ghost XRW-9, pinfish SSP-9, and spotted minnow SXR-10 but nada.

Worked entire Breezy Point but nada. Saw 2 chummers on one end and a porgy fisherman on another end. The chummers throwing fresh bunker chunks only landed a 4 pound tailor and got 1 other hit. The porgy fisherman only got 1 hit which resulted in a keeper.

Seeing it was after 6pm I headed over to the ramp to spend the rest of the evening there. There was a group of chummers throwing bunker and they said not a single hit and not even a sea robin. A surfcaster came later and threw a bottle head popper looking like a Tsunami or YoZuri. Throughout the evening nobody was getting anything. Bunker showed up just before sunset while I was the only one there but they weren't as active and thick as Wednesday. I was able to get out to them with the lighter setup but only snagged 1 which came off the hook within a few seconds.

Hit the road just before 9pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: