CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: Dennisport Beach
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Dennisport Beach Reply with quote

Coming up on the weekend of the 13th, I'll be visiting my mom at her Cape Cod estate. She texted me a pic of the beach right near her and it has a long jetty. She said the water drops off fast and is deep.

How have the reports been along the beaches of the southern Cape?

Other than snappers, what would I be expecting more of in those deep waters right near shore?

Would lures be topwater, shallow plugs, divers, or soft plastics?
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Dennisport Beach Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
Coming up on the weekend of the 13th, I'll be visiting my mom at her Cape Cod estate. She texted me a pic of the beach right near her and it has a long jetty. She said the water drops off fast and is deep.

Other than snappers, what would I be expecting more of in those deep waters right near shore?

Take 'em all! You could be into blues, bass, albies and more. I'd certainly want a broad assortment so you will be prepared when you arrive. You've got some great river mouths and breachways to fish. The fish could be feeding on anything from small peanut bunker and butterfish, sardines, to larger herring or mullet. The fish should be getting into the feed mode for the approaching migration. Good luck!
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Dennisport Beach Reply with quote

Redneckangler wrote:
Michael wrote:

Take 'em all! You could be into blues, bass, albies and more. I'd certainly want a broad assortment so you will be prepared when you arrive. You've got some great river mouths and breachways to fish. The fish could be feeding on anything from small peanut bunker and butterfish, sardines, to larger herring or mullet. The fish should be getting into the feed mode for the approaching migration. Good luck!

As for blues, would sizes be tailors and harbors or harbors and gators?

And stripers, more likely to get into 25"+ fish?
avidangler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've been reading at the moment bonito,albies are being reported off cape poge and are moving west.........blues are there and are puking up gobs of sandeels when caught......stripers are a bit scarce......fluke fishing is hit or miss..Best bet is to charter a boat and go for tuna(catches are in the45-70 inch range with a few in the 80's

This is all coming from the Hyannis area reports.
I'm not sure where you'll be going but there's some recent info for you Michael.

I'll be back at the Housy in the AM.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
anointed130

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in dennisport around this time last year fishing a long jetty on the beach next to a canal, I got into some snappers, didn't see much action.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schedule changed to this coming weekend.

Taking a 3pm bus from Bridgeport to Boston on Friday. My bro will be picking me up from the station before having dinner and staying at his place for the night. Saturday morning we head to my mom's place. Monday or Tuesday is when my mom and I drive back to CT.

Looked at the tides for Dennisport and found Saturday through Monday to be afternoon highs. Plan is starting Saturday, eat breakfast around 11:30am and then be at the jetty by 12pm for the last hour or 2 of the incoming.

Setup will be a Star Rods 8' Medium Aerial Surf with a PENN Pursuit 3000 and 20 pound braid. Never ended up getting 30 pound braid for my slightly heavier 8 footer.

Lures will be a variety of heavier topwaters, divers, and shallow plugs with a few smaller lures of heavy weight.
avidangler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should also bring something like.....Deadly dicks, the smallest size sebile swimmer......,fin-s-fish (soft.plastics )find a wooden casting float if you can for the soft plastics.That ways you can whip the light weight stuff out to them.
The albies and bonito are supposedly in casting range there now!
Stripers are picking up again in that area again as well.

Have a good vacation Michael.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avidangler wrote:
You should also bring something like.....Deadly dicks, the smallest size sebile swimmer......,fin-s-fish (soft.plastics )find a wooden casting float if you can for the soft plastics.That ways you can whip the light weight stuff out to them.
The albies and bonito are supposedly in casting range there now!
Stripers are picking up again in that area again as well.

Have a good vacation Michael.

The smallest lures I'm bringing are long casting and heavy weight for their size.

Lures include JSSR-7, SRNR-8, RNR-8, XRSH-8, and CNR-8.

If I see the albies, the SRNR-8, RNR-8, and CNR-8 are the lures I'd throw with the retrieve being fast and steady just under the surface.
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please dont start at 12pm if you want to catch something

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I here ya CD, 12am is a much better time to be trying to catch fish! Its no wonder you only get tiny fish or skunked! LOL

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfinder wrote:
I here ya CD, 12am is a much better time to be trying to catch fish! Its no wonder you only get tiny fish or skunked! LOL

I'll be ready to hit the Housy at 1am when I get home, as long as you are driving and have your credit card ready for my appetite Laughing
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crest Daddy wrote:
please dont start at 12pm if you want to catch something

OK, then Sunday I'll start at 12:01pm Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: