CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: digital camera`s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: digital camera`s Reply with quote

Anyone have any idea`s on a digital camera.I would like to purchase 1 so i dont have to worry about developing or waiting.I just want to be able to load it up into my computer.
What should i look 4 ?
Cost?
brand?
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are so many options out there... AT this point i would look at your price point. If i were you i would go with this camera. This is a very good deal and 10.1 Megapixel will be more then you ever will need. This will be great if you want to print a nice photo out... if you are going to use if for the computer its great too... just take photos are a lower resolution.
The casio exlim is a very nice camera.

Buy.com is offering the Casio EX-Z1000 10.1 MegaPixel Camera for $189.99 shipped.

http://www.fatwallet.com/news/?storyid=745193

Just one more cast...
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plopplopfizzfizz, I would say get the most camera you can afford that meets most if not all your requirements such as pixel size, zoom features, shot capacity, screen size, and battery life, etc. Some of the brands are OK and some are very good cameras for the money. If you do a search in the internet for digital cameras you will find many a websites that discusses and rates cameras like Consumer Report does. After doing my homework I elected to get the Canon Powershot A610 which goes for about $300.00. The reasons are I have always had good luck with the Canon brands, the write up on this camera was favorable,and it had everything I was looking for in a camera. The main thing which I wanted and I'm sure any fisherman will agree with me on this is as being easier, I wanted a camera that had the screen which when flipped out can also be turned around. This is so that when you are fishing alone and you are trying to take a photo of you and the lunker you can easily center yourself and the fish in the screen because as you are looking at the camera while the selftimer is counting down you can also see yourself in the screen. This makes taking decent and centered photos a breeze. This alleviates the need for a photographer on board and eliminates off-centered shots. When not in use the screen is turned in toward the camera and protected from scratches. Good luck with your purchase.
regl
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say that the camera more depends on how you will be using it. If you just want a good point and shoot for family activities, parties i would recommend the smaller slim line cameras like the Sony DSC T100.

If you are looking to take more advanced photos like scenery, sports or anything that may require taking pictures that are more distant, I would say go with a larger camera with more optical zoom. 12x optical is pretty regular now and is suitable for most situations. Something like the Canon S3 IS.

If you are a serious photographer, get a digital SLR, but they are gonna run you some serious $$.

Either of the first two options should run about $300-$400 for a good all around camera and great quality. From personal experience, I like Sony for the smaller cameras and Canon for the larger models. I would try to stay within the following brands: Canon, Sony, Nikon and maybe olympus.
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you need to print pictures bigger than 8x10's, a 6 megapixel camera is plenty. You'll want to save the digital pictures on your hard drive and the more megapixels, the greater the storage needed for the pictures.
The thing to look for when buying a digital camera (besides megapixels) is the zoom lens. You want more optical zoom. Digital zoom is garbage. The average pocket-sized digital camera has a 3X optical lens. My Fujifilm F30 has a 5X lens. Some other cameras have 10X or 12X lenses, but the camera size increases as the lens increases.
That's my 2 cents.
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that same sony until I dropped it into Batterson park!!!!! Mad Now I have a Canon powershot. I can't complain about either. I acutally like the Canon a little more and it was cheaper.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: