CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Diy "bass" boat.... perfect small lake boat.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nickp

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Diy "bass" boat.... perfect small lake boat. Reply with quote

Ive been working on this boat for a few weeks now and Im very happy with my fianly outcome. Could work the same in a crawdad.
Steps
1.Gut your boat by taking out the seats as well as brackets.
2.Make an appropriate sized front deck to mount your bow mount trolling motor on and carpet said platform- do not forget to predrill before you use stainless steel screws/bolts to fasten the platform.
3. Add a fish finder and make another platform.
4. Cut out appropriate sized floorboards and mite as well carpet them too (this part is important- without them you still have a flimsy floor and makes fishing while standing up rather difficult)
5. Wire your boat. Dont forget fuses and add switches as you like- use appropriate gauge wire and package it up nicely as well as fasten it to the frame of your boat.
6. Add a set of swivel chairs on a solid 4x4- I cut mine so they sink into the boats frame about an inch and I screwed it to the frame for added support- if you dont build up the area where the swivel is mounted too *(on the 4x4)* you WILL fall off in due time- the seat will part from the mount and cause a great deal of humiliation/pain/frustration. <_<
7. I went ahead and added night lights as its a $190 fine in my state.
8. Mount your gator keeper ruler in close range if your a tourney douche like me :beer:
9. Leave room for your livewell.

BAM! Now you have a sick little bassboat. My 43pound thrust motorguide runs this tub great- speed 1 is usually too fast.

whole boat

stern

bow

View of wires/seats/rod rack/etc

Spent maybe 14-16hours total and about $200- alot was scrap stuff I had.
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: LOOKS GOOD Reply with quote

For a couple average size guys (NOT ME) it looks like a great little boat for small ponds. Speaking of ponds you didn't mention on your post the pond you caught all the bass at today. cmorjoe
Nickp

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally I do but its not my right to post that. I will not burn the generosity of another person to show me a good lake... I usually post all my locations and methods and I gave you a pretty speciffic pattern. Rolling Eyes
Po'BoyFishin'

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that's a luxury canoe beats the broken back I get off the bench seats. nice trailer!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: