CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: East is the Least
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: East is the Least Reply with quote

Thursday afternoon I arrived at the beach parking area at Seaside around 3. Low tide for Black Rock was scheduled for 3:36. When I get there, east and southeast winds were a steady 10 to 15mph and sky was mostly sunny. The local buoy has been out of service since 5/26, so I didn't know what the water temps were.

I hit areas out by Fayerweather with the wind to my back. Threw a red head bottle neck, purple black bottle neck, Chrome Purple Black MXR-15, 2oz Hopkins, and Gold XRW-13 with no luck.

When I get back to shore there was a young man who was getting ready to head out to Fayerweather. I was starting to feel a bit hungry so I took a break at a local variety store before heading back to Fayerweather.

When I get back, I joined the young man. I started by throwing topwater but then switched to the MXR-15 and Hopkins once I noticed he was getting hits with soft plastics and smaller swimmers. I ended up foul hooking an adult bunker with the Hopkins and had a nice hit by what felt like either a tailor or a big schoolie.

By the time it was almost 7, I headed back to shore. That was when I noticed east and southeast winds had become much stronger, gusting to almost 30mph!

I hit Breezy Point with the Hopkins but had no luck.

Last stop was Remington. Tried throwing the MXR-15, Hopkins, and a 5" Tsunami pencil popper. Had no luck by the discharge but had an explosion by the open sandy area.

Hit the road just before 8:45.

The east and southeast winds seemed to have been the big issue with the bite.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: