CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: East Twin Lake 9/25
View previous topic :: View next topic  
babycubcatcher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: East Twin Lake 9/25 Reply with quote

Trolled for trout at East twin on Sunday night, Monday morning, and yesterday afternoon. 3 browns sunday, six monday morning, and one yesterday. None over 16 inches (20" min there). Using a variety of mooselook lures and other spoons. Anyone personally caught any trout of size there in the past year? My biggest have been 18" through the ice and in the spring trolling. I guess the lack of alewives there is not helping things. The bass seem to really favor large craws there and I assume that is what the biggest trout in there are eating too, just tough to troll a believable craw pattern.
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever since zebra mussels made their way into East Twin causing a decline in the alewife population, bigger trout haven't been as common as they used to.

Last year I read the state is planning on no longer stocking trout in East Twin if the alewife population keeps declining. They're planning on turning it into a kokanee lake.
moose444

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: We Miss the Good Old Days Reply with quote

Funny thing is this past week my son and I were reminiscing about the good old days at East Twin Lake . He was young, I was poor and we rented a row boat for $20 and caught 20+ browns from 17-24" every trip. Fat thick footballs that gorging on sawbellies produce. So much fun and so special...And basic easy fishing drifting shiners under the boat. Also caught a few magnificent males on a fly stalking them along the shore in the fall.... Alas not the same anymore obviously....still one of the states top lakes though ....emphasis is now on the bass/panfish and kokanee....our waterways are fragile and ever changing....just have to find the next sweet spot...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: