CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Eastmans 5/31-6/1 Seabrook NH
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ckonkol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Eastmans 5/31-6/1 Seabrook NH Reply with quote

My dad Eben and I went up to Eastmans for back to back marathon trips.My dad Eben and I had a great time. The food was excellent as was the group of people that were on the trip. We fish in the starboard stern side. Day one the fishing for cod was excellent. Lots of cod. All cod caught on jigs. These fish were so fat that they looked like they were going to explode out of their skin because they were so engorged with sand eels. My jig of choice was a lav 12. I ended up switching to my really light setup which is a 270 Accurate with a calstar 800m,as most of the fish at the time were smaller keepers and that was a lot of fun. As soon as I dropped my jig with this set up I instantly hooked up to my biggest cod of the 2 days it was an incredibly fat 12lb cod which was a lot of fun on my really light setup. I got most of my fish on this setup. I had 10keepers. Day 2 we were greeted on Stellwagen with gill netters and draggers all along the horizon. The fishing started off a little slow. I picked one short at the 1st drop. I soon switched back to my light setup. There were whales all over. When we got on some spots when the whales were near by there were a lot of fish to be caught. At times it was a fish a cast. My only disappointment was not getting a cod over 20 pounds but what are you going to do. One day. As Marc said the whale show was amazing. I haven't seen anything that good. Thank you Capt. and Crew with taking care of the minimal tangles and Capt. Phil for doing his best to get the fish to turn on.

Eben's best fish

Whales

Last edited by ckonkol on Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Old Mud

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Cris: Your everywhere !!! nice report, Where are the pics??? Cool Smile Smile

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
ckonkol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd put them up but I haven't fully figured out how to put them up here.
Aqualung

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a fun trip...nice job!
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish and great pics!
bassarama

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice.....

Good new on the cod fishing, tanks for the report and great pix. Thumbs Up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: