CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Eisenhower Park Pond 4/24
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Eisenhower Park Pond 4/24 Reply with quote

While member mikeyinstfd (Mike) and I were hitting spots along the Wepawaug River, we stopped at Eisenhower Park to fish the pond there.

Mike stuck with a silver blue Husky Jerk HJ-6 and I went with a perch Flat Rap FLR-6.

Mike caught 1 bass and I hit 2 bass, 2 pickerel, and 1 pumpkinseed. Constant jerking retrieve had the pickerel going. Sunnies were tapping and swirling around the FLR-6 while playing topwater with it.
lawngrrl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started fishing, and so far Eisenhower is one of my favorite spots. I've always liked going there to walk around in the woods and now I go with my younger brother and cousin to fish the pond and the river-- there's an old metal bridge in the back that's fun to hang out on. We get a lot of sunnies of course-- a couple weeks ago I got a big redbreast that I'd estimate to be almost 1 lb. I was having trouble getting the hook out of her and my brother came to help me, when he went back to his line he had a damn big white sucker on it! I have to have him send me the pic, we totally weren't expecting that one!

We get quite a lot of rock bass where the Wepawaug runs into the pond, as well as smallmouth. I got an alewife in a little pool in the Wepawaug, there was also 10-12 catfish clustered in a deep spot around the bridge one day but we didn't catch any. We most just use nightcrawlers but I'm going to start stepping up my skills with lures. I swear that we saw a trout hanging out in the river back in August but I could be wrong, we went crazy trying to catch the thing but he wasn't having it.

I've yet to catch any pickerel there, do they like to hang out in weeds?
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pickerel like weeds
bigh1590

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so do I hahah Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: