CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Empty Lake Powers 8/24
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emptylakebassman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Empty Lake Powers 8/24 Reply with quote

We had our 10th tourney at Powers on Sunday. 3 BOATS SHOWED UP very disappointed.

Sunny with scattered clouds. Water temps in the mid-high 70's

TOUGH DAY
Every fish in the lake was in the middle there was nothing along the edges.

Jim and Alex had a beautiful bag 5 fish 12-13. including a 22.5 inch 5lb 6oz monster
myself and John 2 fish 2-14 both caught in the last half hour
Mike and Mike 1 fish 1-13
Istill can't believe that there was no fish under the lilys or under any of the overhanging branches. Scratch this off next years list
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to Jim and Alex, well done!

John, I think we need to make a new rule. Common courtesy, if you don't plan on fishing an event, or something comes up, you need to call the tournament director at least the night before the tourney, to let them know your not going to show up. This is a perfect example, 3 boats showed up for what, to win $50 to split. That doesn't even pay for gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can talk about this at the next tourney, or at the meeting in November.

For the record, I had tow vehicle and severe poison ivy issues.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats why in our club we have everyone pay for all of the tourneys up front at the beginning of the year. This way if everyone stays home and you only have two boats fishing you are not winning $25. The payout stays the same and gives people more insentive to fish since they already paid. Just something to consider for your trail next year.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dead summer and a sunny day is just very tough on that lake in particular. I actually think that there ARE some bass in the shallow weeds there,..but they are super spooky. The only way I ever have managed to get bit in the lilies there is to keep the boat as far away as possible and make super-long casts to them! That is an extremely impressive bag for that place under those conditions,..congrats to the winners for sure!!
Dusty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that place sucks...period!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: