CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: End of July early Aug Fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: End of July early Aug Fishing Reply with quote

With the talk of slower bass fishing out there due to the time of year... With all you pros out there... where are the spots to focus on and what tackle should we be using?

Just one more cast...
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc, the spots would be deeper water humps and structures that would be a little cooler water temperature than the bath water during the dog days of summer. The baits to use would IMO be jigs'n'pigs, drop shot set-ups, deep diving suspending cranks, tubes on jigheads, blade baits and carolina rigs. Anything that can be fished slow but at the deeper depths that they would be at. Check your depth finder while slowly cruising around and see what depth you are marking fish and that would be your target depth to work.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

right on... Thanks! This gives me an excuse to keep practicing the jig and pig...

Just one more cast...
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the dog days of summer,..the bass will be on the "best available cover". Exactly what this is, will depend on the lake,....sometimes it's weeds, especailly when there's deep water nearby,..other times it's humps, points and deep water drop-offs.
This is not to say that you won't catch bass in other places,..I'm just talking about the majority of good-sized fish! How tight they will be to that cover depends on the weather. When it's sunny and glassy calm,..they will bury up and be very tight to the cover and their strike zone will get very small. The way that you combat this is to make numerous casts close to the cover. As it gets dark and/or overcast,..they will roam more out from their cover and are more willing to chase down stuff and hit topwater baits etc.! The water clarity also plays in,..the less visibility there is, the tighter to the cover and the shallower they will get! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: