CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: Enfield area CTR bass advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DV

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Enfield area CTR bass advice Reply with quote

I live right along the CT river in East Windsor, yet I often times travel a long ways to find some lakes to fish. I am thinking of putting in some time on the CTR, but remember since I am in a canoe I can't run all over the place like you guys in bass boats do. Are there any good spots up this way worth checking out? I can see from the 140 bridge what looks like a big grass line that might be good for some largemouth. But how about for some smallies, any particular areas near kings island down to the 91 bridge? So far in two short trips this year I have only managed one bass, a 3lb smallmouth. I am not looking for "secret hot spots" just some sections worth putting some time into or what depths I should stick to for smb.
RobO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get too hooked on fishing for bass. You are locked in to trout fishing at least one day each weekend with me. Sorry Kira.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dv that hole stretch of river from the 91 bridge up to the train bridge above the 140 bridge is awsome for smallies,this time of year you can wade out at the train bridge working the bridge pilones. i've done well with fat raps,spinner grubs,and rebel craw fish but the best bait for me over the years has been live crawlers on a double hook set up with the little spin blade,dude it deadly the smallies love it

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to the Kings Island boat launch and fish around the islands you may be surprised at the number of smallies in that area. I used to walk out to the nearest island and follow it left (downstream) to the end and fish from shore. We killed them there all the time! This is a perfect spot for you also, because most boats can't launch there or even get there from other launches. No fishing pressure makes them fairly easy to catch. Try throwing a smaller brownish/tan spinnerbait w/ curly tail grub trailer.. Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both, I will be hitting up both spots in the next few days.

Rob- LOL. Don't worry, I have a new plan for next time we hit up the farm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: