CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: Enfield Carp Question
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thunderpants Johnson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Enfield Carp Question Reply with quote

Hi. My cousin just moved to Enfield, and Im coming down for the weekend and he wants to take the kids fishing and I was thinking carp would be a good option. I know the CT River has monsters, but I am unfamiliar with this area. Is it worth it in this area? Any suggestions on where to start. Im picking up a mattress while Im there so I wont have my boat, just from shore. Any help is greatly appreciated. I would love to see the look on my nephews faces when the rods start screaming for the first time
JustinSolak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish i knew the area to help ya out, bud. But I mainly fish the central section of the river. Fishing from shore shouldn't be a problem. I very rarely fish from a boat for em. Since you don't have a few days to properly prep a good area, look for structure, coves, anywhere where the current is stopped, slow, or deterred like bridges, etc. The earlier you can find a spot that looks "carpy" the better. Throw in some feed (oatmeal, corn, etc) and hope that some move in on your swim. Best of luck to you. Any more questions, just ask. Ill try to answer back in a timely manner.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

As Justin said -> You need to prep the area for Carp.
And then it's a waiting game!
With kids -> That won't be easy.
Better to hit up some pan fish or trout ponds (DEP just did some Fall trout stockings - Listed on their web site).

Have fun.
SeaDog1 Mr. Green
chud059

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try the launch area at Kings island in Enfield.. if still shallow you can walk out to the other side of the Island. Also, thompsonville has a launch with old bridge pilings... don't know if it's shallow enough to get there though.
Mase2020

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fish the area a lot it is very rocky and loaded with smb. I have seen some carp in there but the area is shallow and tough to fish without a canoe or kayak. With the rain the level may be up a little your best bet is the Thompsonville launch vs the Kings Island Launch.
Thunderpants Johnson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. He actually lives in Suffield. we fished across the river from the boat launch and did well. I chummed Sat, and fished Sun morn. We got several fish from 15-19lbs, and lost a couple more. Def a productive area. I recommend it. It was his first carp, and biggest fish ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: