CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Evening Outgoing 4/29
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Evening Outgoing 4/29 Reply with quote

Friday afternoon I arrived at Seaside just before 3. Winds were a steady 8 to 12 east with numerous gusts up to 20. Sky was overcast, air was moist and cool, and forecast was calling for showers in the evening.

Hit numerous spots but didn't get into anything throughout the afternoon.

Later I went to Remington as the tide was about to turn. Had 1 hit on a Purpledescence FLR-10.

Gulls had been very active along the breakwater for a while, so seeing the tide was going out, east winds were diminishing, and I wasn't into anything, I headed over to Breezy Point.

Within 2 casts with the FLR-10, I landed a chunky 24" schoolie. As the evening went on and tide kept going out, total was 13 schoolies, lost 4, and had numerous hits. Tried throwing a Tsunami pencil popper but no topwater. Some stripers were those small 14 to 18 inch fish, but most were at least 22, with biggest being a strong 26"er. 1 striper I lost felt like a keeper.

Hit the road around 8:15

Water temp had been staying steady at 53.2 throughout the time I was there. Word is migrant schoolies have just started arriving and bait is just starting to work its way out of the rivers and harbors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: