CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Evening Skitter Pop Bite 6/24
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: Evening Skitter Pop Bite 6/24 Reply with quote

Arrived at the city ramp just after 4 Wednesday. Didn't stay there long due to the boat traffic. Had my 8 foot Star Rods Aerial rod to go with the Fierce 2000 and 10 lb Spiderwire Stealth.

Next I went to the western end of the beach as the tide kept coming in. Threw the SSP-12, XRW-13, and a 1/2 ounce floating buzzbait but no swirls or hits.

Hit my usual fall spot on the Fayerweather jetty as I made my way to the lighthouse by hitting other spots but still no action.

Once the tide had started going out, temps got cooler, winds started to diminish, and sunset was getting closer, I went to check out a spot that attracts small bait and usually has blues and stripers chasing bait in the evening. First cast out with a hot pink SSP-12 and had a few swirls followed by an explosion. Fish had been hanging out there the whole time.

By the time the sun hit the horizon, things slowed down. Headed back to the bike just before 9.

Total was 2 blues and 3 schoolies. Blues were a 2 pound snarbor and 4 pound tailor. Schoolies ranged from a small 17" to an aggressive chunky 23". The 4 pound tailor was very acrobatic and did a number of skips and jumps at least 3 feet across the water like a smallie and tarpon. Had many more explosions and swirls and lost 2. The blues were the active ones until the schoolies took over just before sunset.

Will be back out Friday!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: