CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Fallen tree at mouth of keeney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imsafanct

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Fallen tree at mouth of keeney Reply with quote

Guys,

We haven't been out in over a month and we're gonna try salmon cove tomorrow.

Earlier this year we had great luck launching from keeney and shooting across to crow point. But as the water level has dropped, I can't imagine any boat has been able to get over the fallen tree at the mouth of keeney at the river proper. Does anyone know if the dead tree has been removed?

Thanks.

-Eric
Fishin'Fireman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Eric,

I was out by Keeney two weekends ago. A buddy and I took my 12 ft v hull out and fished Wethersfield cove. I wanted to check out Keeney so we headed that way. The Cove is a mess to say the least, we didn't even bother venturing in. The tree is still down (if we're talking about the same one) among some others trees and brush down ( not to mention trash as well).

It seems that cove is getting more and more overgrown and less taken care of unfortunately.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I figured. We use a 14" alum. boat with only a trolling motor for power. I like to fish White Oak Cove and launching from keeney is easy. It's just across the river.

But we can't get in or out of keeney with that tree in the way. We launched once from Wethersfield Cove but the trip back up river against the current and into the wind sucked. It took over an hour.

Oh well.

-Eric
Fishin'Fireman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I hear ya, i prefer White Oak as well. Keeney was the best launch but you can't get through. Hopefully something gets in there with a chain saw.

I have a 8.5 hp gas engine and thats perfect for getting around that cove area. It got us up and down the river. My hopes is to upgrade to a bass boat in the next few years.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, some kind angler did get to the mouth of Keeney, reportedly with a chain saw, and removed enough of the dead tree to allow small boats to get in and out of Keeney into the CT River. It's still dodgy and shallow so be careful, but it can be done.

-Eric
roofman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: fallen tree Reply with quote

Hard work for about 45 mins and a good chain saw.Hope you guys enjoy fishing in and out of the cove as much as i do!Tight lines!!!
justcool

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the fishing really that good in there
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: