CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Farmington River - Simsbury 10/31
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Farmington River - Simsbury 10/31 Reply with quote

I hit the Farmington River in Simsbury this morning. I launched from Curtiss Park at around 7:15am and got off at 11:30am. I haven't had the best luck the last 2 times I have been out so I was psyched that about 5min after I launched I picked up my first fish, a 5" SMB. I didn't care how small it was...I just wanted to get that skunk off me Very Happy Caught it and all my other fish on a square bill silver crank

I threw a 5" wanky senko as well but no takers today on the worm. I headed toward the 315 bridge and picked up a 7" LMB. Nothing else was biting up there so I started heading down river. I fished the banks on the way down and picked up a 12" and an 11" fallfish off some structure. My next 4 fish came out of the backwater cove at the power lines. The weeds that usually take over that area in the warmer months were mostly all gone. I fished some laydowns and picked up a 9"LMB and this 11" LMB.

I moved back toward the river and right at the mouth of the cove I picked up this nice 13" yellow perch.

Then again at the other side of the mouth I fished a laydown. Threw the crank parallel with the laydown and picked up this 11" LMB.

I didn't pick up anything huge but it was just nice to be catching fish again. Plus it was a beautiful day to be out on the water.

SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DD!

Amazing how a Smallie will attack and try to eat something its own size Exclamation

SeaDog1
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know...right!! And get all 3 hooks in its tiny little mouth.
Stratos17

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish...awesome pics
Daryl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Derek! Looks like you had a great day! Seems your fish were hungry for exactly the opposite of what the ones I caught today. I would toss the crank and troll it too off and on all day, with no bites. Then I would throw the wacky senko and slam a bass. Haha go figure, as far as I know Phil experienced the same phenomenon with the senko too.

Report to follow tomorrow.

Glad to see you scare the skunk on Halloween Smile

"Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers." - Herbert Hoover
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Congratulations! Reply with quote

I'm glad that you caught some fish today. Daryl and I caught 20 between us, also all small. But it was fun! Report to follow.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! If I had more time today I would have joined you guys. Glad to hear it sounds like you had a good day.
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Dawg, how high was the river, anyway?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seemed to be back to normal levels. About 2 to 3 ft higher than it was during the dry summer when we were fishing it.
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet smallie. Tiny little bass
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol...definitely was a "smallie"
Basstrapper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Hitting the farmington on sunday Reply with quote

Me and my buddy caught 18 nice trout mix of rainbows and browns. with one rainbow weighing around 4lbs. some good action on spoons. kastmasters and what not. and streamers on the fly.

if anyone going up to the dam this weekend. let me know i meet up do some river walking.

everyone have a great weekend fishing. keep them reports coming in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: