CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Farmington River - Simsbury 11/07
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Farmington River - Simsbury 11/07 Reply with quote

I just wanted to report that the water level in the Farmington River at Curtiss Park in Simsbury is a couple of feet higher than it was during the Summer. Daryl (aka Daryl) and I, and later Fishface (aka Tim), fought the cold, the wind and the current there in the morning yesterday. The current was pretty fierce. The in-hull transducer for the fish finder on my Hobie (aka The Other Woman) showed that the water temperature was 37 degrees when Daryl and I launched at 8:15 am, but 43 degrees by the time that we, and Tim, left at 10:30 am. I'd guess that 43 degrees was the more accurate reading. After we gave up the fight, we left for the calmer waters of Manitook Lake.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's hard to get an accurate water temp reading because the surface temp is gonna be colder than like 5 feet down when theres no sun and it's frigged out, but either way the waters definitely getting cold.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: