CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Farmington River
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benr3110

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Farmington River Reply with quote

Hey guys, need some info. I recently moved near the Farmington River, just wondering if anyone can help me with the regulations from Rt 4 bridge down to the Rt 44 bridge , barbless? fly fishing only?lures only? and if anyone has caught any bass in that area, any info would be appreciated, thanks
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not familiar with Farmington river regulations but I know they are about to change.

Further Information Contact:
Neal Hagstrom, (860) 295-9523
STATE OF CONNECTICUT
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
Dwayne Gardner, (860) 424-4100
February 25, 2008
79 Elm Street
Hartford, CT 06106-5127
P R E S S R E L E A S E
DEP HOLDING SERIES OF INFORMATIONAL MEETINGS ON FARMINGTON RIVER FISHING REGULATION CHANGES
The DEP is currently holding a series of three informational meetings concerning Farmington River trout regulations. The Department has been asked to consider making changes to the trout fishing regulations on the Farmington River and is seeking input from the public about these possible changes. Changes under consideration include: increases or decreases in the size of catch-and-release areas, possible reduction in length limits and changes in the daily bag limits for trout in some areas. There are several options under consideration. The details of these options will be presented at the meeting. The public is invited to share their opinions about these changes. Any individual that signs up, prior to the beginning of the meeting, will be given a three-minute period to express their thoughts and opinions. We seek input from any Farmington River angler and would welcome any ideas regarding possible improvements to this fishery.
The first meeting was held at DEP’s Sessions Woods Wildlife Management Area Office in Burlington last week. The remaining informational meetings are scheduled for:
February 26
(Tuesday)
At the New Hartford Town Hall in the Senior Center/Meeting Room on the third floor from 6:30-8:30pm. The New Hartford Town Hall is located on Route 44 in the center of New Hartford
March 4
(Tuesday)
At the Kellogg Environmental Center, located at Osbornedale State Park, from Route 34 about 1.5 miles west of downtown Derby, turn on Lakeview Ave, then turn left on Hawthorne Avenue.
For more information concerning the regulation proposals and the informational meetings, please contact Neal Hagstrom at DEP’s Eastern District Headquarters (860-295-9523). Information on the meetings and the regulation proposals outline can also be found from the “Calendar of Events” section of the DEP web site (www.ct.gov/dep/calendar).
benr3110

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys thanks for the info, really appreciate the responses, sevnseat, i used to do a lot of stripper fishin on the housy, would like to get back there this year i'll look you up when it's a little warmer, thanks again
coho yokel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck i grew up on the farmington river i still travel back home every year to fish it pretty place tough fish Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: