CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Trout Fishing
Viewing Topic: Farmington River
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Farmington River Reply with quote

Planning on hitting the Farmington River for opening day, not looking for anybody's secret spot or anything just looking for someone with a little more experience on the subject to point me in the direction of where there might not be a million guys standing in the same spot. itd be nice to have a little space to stretch out in, ill be wading or fishing from shore, whichever the river calls for where i end up. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
On twenty-pound test "
billybass

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fished opening day there last year,,,it was crowded,but if you get there a little early you can most likely lock a spot down for yourself,,with the waders your doing good theres a lot of little pools threw out the river that you will love and cant always get to from casting from shore ,,,anywere along rte 4 is prime..
Good luck
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS MAN, Ill be out there as early as possible, leaving milford at about 4am, so hopefully be at a good spot by 5:45 or 6....
On twenty-pound test "
toptech

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to late... Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k im leaving now and im just gonna sit there in the middle of the river and let the trout get aclimated to my presence. then come 6 am im gonna catch them all and feast on trout for days!!!!! Mwuhahahahahahaha <---evil laugh
On twenty-pound test "
billybass

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be a good idea to have your spot by 5-5:30 ,,that is a well known river ,if you show up a 6am you will be scouting for a while to find the spot you want,,,,,trust me...............and even at 5-5:30 you still see a good amount of people
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Toptech said "too late". For the Farmington, if you're not there before 4:00-5:00 most of the prime spots will already have been picked out for Opening Day.
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang around the "DEEP SOUTH" pm me for more details. Also evening time is prime forget that morning crap. Last year I caught and released on a spoon 15 rainbows, 2 salmon, 1 brook trout, and 1 brown trout all from 5 pm till 8 pm. The year before it wasn't even fun hookin up with well over 25 trout in 3 hours. Also where I fish you have anadvantage being tall. Most of the water is more than 4 feet deep so that will keep a lot of people away from me. As for spots up north forget about riverton and other popular places but near the bridge in collisnville is always good. I'll be out tomorrow hittin up Bristol Fish and Game in the morning then might scout out the Pequabeck river, then head for home take a power nap, then head out around 5 pm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Trout Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: