CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: favorite rod company Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djmon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: favorite rod company Reply with quote

every since i started "really" fishing i have also used shimano rods and reels. although i know alot of people like shimano i also know alot of guys that seem to perfer other companies as well; the companies i mainly hear about are:

kistler
g.loomis
st. croix
falcon
e21

just interested in some feedback; shimano hasn't let me down yet minus one or two things but its always good to know about other companies
dave_376

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own or have owned all of those brands except for the e21, they are all great rods. Currently 6 of my favorite rods are shimano, 1 st.Croix, and the last is a Kistler i have 6 or 7 other rods which i like less than those subsequently they get less use. If I were to give and opinion on only owning one company i would have to say shimano only because I own more of them that I really like. But in reality you don't need the best rod company you need the best rod for a given application.
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Daiwa, Not the daiwa label crap........ Very Happy

Is the Dobyns a Generation 1 rod?

Last edited by chuckc on Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
stumpy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im a true kistler fan. thanks to J4F, he cost me alot of money these last two seasons. but i did buy a Dobyns Champion that i cant wait to try. this might be a new favorite.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stumpy wrote:

?? What does that mean Stumpy???

ps: My favorite has been the Kistler LTA models,..however I do own several Shimano's that are certainly very good rods. In general, as long as you stick with name brands you will get what you pay for,...
In this world however things keep getting better technology-wise, so I would expect that the newer ones like the carrot sticks and shimano-cumara's might be slightly better than 5+ year old technology! If you spend big money on a rod though,..just make sure it's got a good warranty,..because you definitely CAN break them!!
(How do I know this??!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes )
Phish

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Daiwa
G. Loomis
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone use fenwick?

I have a StCroix and and all star that I love. I need to buy a couple more rods.

Justin
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just4fun wrote:
stumpy wrote:

ps: My favorite has been the Kistler LTA models,..however I do own several Shimano's that are certainly very good rods. In general, as long as you stick with name brands you will get what you pay for,...
In this world however things keep getting better technology-wise, so I would expect that the newer ones like the carrot sticks and shimano-cumara's might be slightly better than 5+ year old technology! If you spend big money on a rod though,..just make sure it's got a good warranty,..because you definitely CAN break them!!

That was my fault Mark. I went to edit my post to ask him and I edited his..... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Zorro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Daiwa all the way
stumpy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no the dobyns is g2, new for this year. i have the 734c full grip. its as light as if not lighter than my 7'h kistler lta
stumpy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just4fun wrote:
stumpy wrote:

Mark if you didnt talk me into an lta flipping stick last year i would have never gotten hooked and bought all kistlers. i have a couple of ltx's now also. i like them all. thanks for the recomendation.
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stumpy wrote:
no the dobyns is g2, new for this year. i have the 734c full grip. its as light as if not lighter than my 7'h kistler lta

They are some nice rods. Did you buy it off of BBC?
stumpy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckc wrote:
stumpy wrote:

They are some nice rods. Did you buy it off of BBC?

no delos custom tackle shack.. free shipping also. great guys to deal with.
Tmac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Shimano Crucial series they are like fishing with sharpened pencils the sensitivity is unmatched in the 130$ dollar class,but I also fish G loomis and like them too.
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my ugly stick and have recently started using my 7 ft shimano and have been thoroughly enjoying it's action and feel.

It's all about what feels best in your hands and what you are most comfortable using, the brand can be important but what is more important than the brand is how you feel when you cast, retrieve, and pull in those lunkers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: