CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: "Fed Up with the WISEGUYS!"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: "Fed Up with the WISEGUYS!" Reply with quote

Hi All!

This post is directed at the "WISEGUYS" and not those that observe marine courtesy toward their fellow boaters.

Was up at West Hill last night (May 21st) at 7:30 PM and planned to do some night fishing.
While setting up my boat at the boat ramp and ready to put it in the water, these 2 young guys (early to mid 20's pulled up in a big SUV towing a big 17- 19 ft. Jon boat with a big motor blocking me from launching my boat.
They proceeded to launch their boat without so much as asking me if it was OK to go before me.

Once they got their boat in the water I was able to get mine in.

They went over to the stone dock to pick up an older couple, then the driver gunned his motor and roared out of the boat basin leaving a huge wake that bounce me and 2 other boaters in the basin area.
(Now keep in mine that this was just after sunset.)

Well I went out but only motored down the east shore 1/3 of the way when the wind started freshning from the south and would make for a bouncy night of fishing. Decided to forgo fishing and go home.

Got back to the boat ramp and who comes roaring up into the basin -> You guessed it! The 2 WISEGUYS!
Well I hollared at them, as they where disembarking the older couple, and asked if they knew that the maximum speed on WH was 15 mph year round and 6 mph from sunset to sunrise, and that the speed rules where posted on the big white boards next to the boat ramp.

AS tipical WISEWGUYS do they fiend ignorance.
Well after an exchange of words (No swearing) the 2 WISEGUYS took off again and the driver again gunned his motor out of the boat basin and making a huge wake.
Again a tipical WISEGUY responce for getting caught breaking the law.
Just after they left 4 kayakers (luckly following the shore line) came into the boat basin. They told me they had seen these 2 WISEGUYS speeding around in the dark and decided the safest way back was to hug the shore line and stay out of their way, also not to get swamped by them.

I will be so glad when Memorial Day comes and these WISEGUYS with their Big hp Motors cannot use them on WH.

Again, I've been out on the water with those that have big motors on their boats but have the courtesy of throttling way down so as not to produce a huge wake or bounce fishermen at anchor or other small boaters that they could easily swamp.

It's the WISEGUYS with big motors that just have to push their throttles wide open without any consideration toward other boaters, swimmers, or any damage their wake may do to shoreline property.
They care nothing about observing any marine courtesy!

Let me make this perfectly clear to ALL the WISEGUYS! -> If I'm out on the water and you pull one of your STUPID ANTICS (Near Me!) and break the posted laws for a particular body of water -> I will take down your Reg. Number and see you in court!

Think it's your word against mine? -> WRONG!!!
Have been to court 3 times against 3 WISEGUYS (Results -> All got heavy fines and 2 lost their Ct. boating prvileges!) to date, No Judge in Admiralty Law has EVER DISPUTED MY TESTIMONY because I hold a USCG Unlimited Master's License and by Maritime Law I MUST OBEY all MARITIME LAWS TO THE LETTER!!

Any WISEGUYS want to take me on? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

SeaDog1
metalfish

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was almost swamped in my little sit-inside kayak by a police boat in Lake McDonough last year. He passed me in a channel and I wasn't paying attention. That would have been a little awkward.

Go get 'em, SeaDog!

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that will learnem

Justin
Phish

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting the difference between those who don't know and those that don't care. Sounds like those two just don't care.
cthonkerheaven

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get em' Seadogggggggggg!!!!!!
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phish!

Yes! It's Never the Boats Fault -> IT'S THE DRIVER!!!!!!!

SeaDog1
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya on that one... Was at CT river yesterday morning and loaded myself with glowsticks around me and kayak. Without them would never be on ct river at night cause the boaters wont see you and they just dont care... 9 times out of ten is cause they dont care cause its commen sense not to wake someone like that... not to mention dangerous...
steven1smith

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Common courtesy towards fisherman and yakkers? Non existent at congamond!

I was there this morning at north pond along with 4 other bass boats and a couple yakkers. We were all taking it slow and keeping our distance from eachother when all of the sudden a water skier boat absolutely guns it from INSIDE THE NO WAKE ZONE and starts doing circles around the pond at 30+ mph! And to top it off, they came within 15ft of our boat and about 20ft of the yakkers! They almost swamped them! And even better: when we went back out to middle pond, THERE WAS NO ONE OUT THERE! WHY COULD'NT THEY HAVE GONE WATERSKIING IN MIDDLE POND! NO COURTESY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxCdnQ8WEfQ
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did someone say paintball? LMAO
DV

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish I had a paintball gun with me on thursday on the CTR. I was out in my canoe drifting a section that had lots of action on the FF when these 4idiots in a bass boat come and anchor up right in the middle of my drift. Killed me, anchoring up a canoe in the wind amidst 3 feet waves is asking for a disaster.

Got so mad I ended up leaving.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the feeling but you still cant beat catching the big ones that will pill the canoe or kayak around like nothing...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: