CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: First One in a While
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: First One in a While Reply with quote

Sunday morning I wake up early and decided to get out of bed and hit Seaside. Arrived around 8. Conditions were mostly cloudy, cool, and gusty west and southwest winds. Winds topped steady 30 mph breezes out on Fayerweather. Sun came out later and winds diminished to a steady 15 mph.

Nothing much was going on until tide got higher. Peanut bunker were back and schoolies started busting them once tide became about half way in. Landed 1 and had a number of explosions.

A school of blues later moved in, and I landed 1 weighing about 9 pounds.

Schoolies eventually turned off with the lures no matter what anybody threw as the fish cruised along the Fayerweather jetty.

After grabbing a bite to eat, winds weren't as gusty and sky became partly cloudy, so I headed out to Fayerweather. That's where I got into schoolies for the remainder of the evening. Total was 4 up to 22" with tons of explosions.

Hit the road around 5:15.

Lure that caught everything and had all the action was a gold Rapala X-Rap Walk XRW-11 rigged with a size 4/0 single rear hook and no front treble. Retrieve was pencil popping.

This marks the first time since 2010 I've caught a bluefish in November.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: