CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: First Time in Years
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: First Time in Years Reply with quote

Stayed up overnight Saturday into Sunday and hit the morning high and outgoing at Seaside, arriving around 6:15am.

I stayed in the areas where the blues have been busting the bait and saw many scattered schools of bait with an occasional splash. Never got into anything with topwater or a FLR-10.

Later when I head over to Breezy Point, I run into 3 Seaside surfcasting buddies who were throwing topwater but not getting into anything.

Once the tide got lower, we decided to walk out onto the breakwater. Found out there's nothing in the books about giving a ticket to people who go out there. Just have to listen to what the Coast Guard or city police say when they come.

Bluefish didn't start busting the peanut bunker until it was getting close to dead low. Topwater wasn't working for anybody. I lost a tailor on a Chrome FLR-10. 2 lures working for 2 of the guys were Krocodile and SP Minnow. The reason for that was because the lure needed to get deep enough for a blue to hit it. The FLR-10 stays just beneath the surface while casting from a jetty. The guys using the Krocs were letting the lures sink for about 2 seconds before reeling.

Total between the 2 other guys was 3 tailors and 1 schoolie with many other hits and losses. Sizes were from 2 pound snarbors to 4 pound tailors. The schoolie was about 18".

Hit the road around 11:30am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: