CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: First Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: First Time Reply with quote

Sunday afternoon I arrived at Seaside around 1:30. Wind was 5 to 10 ranging from northwest to northeast. Skies were partly cloudy and air was comfy. Rod I was using this time was my 7'6" MH Field & Stream Inferno, seeing I've been casting most lures around 1/2 and 3/4 ounce.

Once I arrived, gulls were already active along the shore. I tried casting but it was just the peanut bunker that had the gulls going.

Later I headed out to the rocks at Fayerweather. The only thing that happened out there was an explosion by a schoolie after seeing it jump out of the water.

Once I get back to shore and it was right near dead low, I waded out from the beach as far out as I could go. There were lots of peanut bunker. As I'm throwing a popper, I get an explosion right in front of me and set the hook. It was a blue that came off. I switched over to pencil popping with the gold XRW-11. That gave me another 2 explosions right in front of me, 3 explosions by a blue following, and 1 explosion by another blue that set the hook. Landed a cocktail blue around 8 or 9 pounds.

Hit the road around 5:15

Sunday marked the first time I have ever caught more than 1 bluefish in November.

This year by far is the best fall run I have seen in YEARS!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: