CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: fish, orioles, and the beaver king, williams 5-14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atkins

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: fish, orioles, and the beaver king, williams 5-14 Reply with quote

Went to Lake williams or williams pond in lebanon on Saturday.
Dropped in by the dam on rt. 207.

1 Perch
1 Pumpkinseed
6 Pickerel, 3 on dinger, 3 on buzzbait
4 bass, 3 on dinger, 1 on buzzbait

Caught 1 perch and 1 pumpkinseed on storm subwart by the southern islands. Lots of sunfish here.

Paddled up to the north end.
Caught a pickerel on a silver/black dinger wacky rigged by Fox island

Paddled over to the entrance of the river from the north, Caught 3 bass in here, 1.25, 1.5, and 2 lbs. There was some beds that seemed like they have served their spawning purposes, so one being guarded, very shallow and amongst young lilly pads rising to the surface.
Headed into the river and saw the largest beaver I have ever seen, he was not happy to see me, hit the water hard several times to warn me before vanishing.

Moved along the western shore, the pickerel in this lake are insane, caught 6 but lost nearly as many trying to hoist them into the canoe. Not concerned about small pickerel falling off. I was talking to a guy in a boat, hanging my dinger in the water, and one pickerel came up and hit it.

I went into a small cove by the campground, caught 3 pickerel and a bass in here in around 10 minutes.

Over the course of the day saw two orioles, rarely ever see them so I was excited.
The like was very productive, seems there should be some big bass, but In the summer there's going to be a ton of weeds covering the water, and traffic from the camp ground.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: