CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Fished the Toilet (Well) today!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Fished the Toilet (Well) today! Reply with quote

and we unclogged it. I just grabbed a bunch of photos from the day and stuck them in but you get the idea. So don't pay attention to the times. There were way to many picts to put in one post and I'm really tired and not into sorting them. Never underestimate the sun on an overcast day.

Ran to Trailer Depot to grab a spare hub for the Skeet. After the two flats a few weeks ago I figure it would be a good idea to have a spare hub in case I lose a bearing. Two flats in one night was enough LOL.

Got back about 11am. Call my good friend John and say "Let's Go Fishing."

We hit the Well about 12:30pm. Launched and went directly across the river to the East shore. Whacky Rig Time! Green Pumpkin with Red Flake. 10 casts and Bam! John boats a Smallie and Largie.

Continued down the East shore for about about a half mile and boated about 8 fish in the 3lb area. Wow. Awesome day unclogging the toilet bowl.

I swore when we started that I was going to catch a fish on a jig so I rigged a 1/4oz Bitsie Bug with a Paca Craw in Green Pumpkin. About 5 flips in Bam!

My first fish on a jig! Not to impressive but a keeper. Then I get my second.

Then my third

Not to impressed with the quality and size this jig stuff is producing but I continue on. Then I get this

OK so I gotta find the fish. John and I continued to catch keeper. 16 Total but now it's getting late so we decide next fish is it. Then John bangs a beauty this size on a Super Speed Craw Texas rigged and dragged over submersed weeds.

Over all great quick trip and now I'm adding a new tool to the tackle bag. The Jig is impressive.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice report, and some nice fish as well! I have a Bitsy Bug too, but have never tried it. I'll have to give it a try.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had Bitsie Bugs for a while but was procrastinating on Jig Fishing, Flippy got me moving towards it. I figured today would be a short trip but we started hitting quality fish right away on the Whacky Rig. I had the BB and figured what the heck. It paid off. There's more to this jig fishing than meets the eye. It's a whole different skill level than I thought. "Weeds" "Rocks" "Logs" Lost my favorite on a log.

Some fish (Quality Ones) hit it on the drop near structure. Others hit it while swimming it over weeds. I went through a whole bag of Paca Craws just on the jig. Something kept biting the claws off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: