CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Fishing ct river
View previous topic :: View next topic  
payzac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Fishing ct river Reply with quote

hello guys

I am new to this site .I am looking for info on fishing the CT river out of Hartford next may.Any info would be helpful.Would like to get map if a good one is out there.Hope to here from a few of you guys.I am out of Dayton Ohio coming up to fish the BFL ALL American as a co/angler

Thanks
Payzac
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site! Try www.tfbass.com for a map!
Just4fun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely get the Tournament Force map with "special markings" that's in that link that Chuck posted. It will be well worth the money to you! Order it early,..because it is not something that they stock,..it is something that they have to sit down and do by hand to each map individually, so anyone that waits till the last minute before they order it may miss out!

The CT River generally "fishes small" and you are going to have lots of company in the main backwater areas. The TF map will show you these, in addition to lots of smaller not-so-obvious spots along the main river. Along with the marked-up map, they also include a few pages about what baits have been found to work there and the seasonal patterns that you can expect on the river.

Additionally, in case you don't know it,..the CT River is a tidal river from hartford on-down,..(when it's at normal levels anyhow..). So that is going to play into your fishing,..unless it's flooded, in which case the tides have little effect! There is a link to the daily tide changes on that same Tournament Force website!
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as mark said, in the springtime river usually floods - especially if we get a lot of snow fall. It does usually recede by May, but it varies on climate changes up north and winter precipitation. You can find some nice striper's out there in the late spring.

Justin
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't have said it any better than Mark did. Good luck payzac!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: