CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: Fishing for Fluke!?!?!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthonkerheaven

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Fishing for Fluke!?!?! Reply with quote

I was curious if anyone was is fishing for fluke. I had some questions on what type of bait/set up I should use. I never caught one and was thinking about getting out. I have a 12 ft. aluminum boat with a 8 HP motor and looking to get out and catch some fluke. I have NO IDEA where to go or what to use for them, any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
Joe
IceAddict

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try fishing by Rocky Neck State Park. Not sure where to launch though? I launch at Point of Woods, but it's a private community. Fish anywhere from 12' to 70' of water and catch Fluke. Buy a basic Fluke rig ( chartreuse, white or pink) and attach roughly a 2 oz. weight off the three way swivel of the prebought rig. Depending on tide and how deep you fish, you could easily be fishing with 5 or 6 oz weight, so I would bring a variety of weight. You want to hit bottom and stay on bottom. Bait of choice is squid. Can also use sandworms, but that usually opens things up to catching other fish like Porgy, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: