CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Fishing for Stripers off the Coast of Block Island 08/01/15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zaxx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject: Fishing for Stripers off the Coast of Block Island 08/01/15 Reply with quote

Hit the water at 6 AM with Capt. Lin Safford aboard the Cherry Pepper. Was a beautiful sunny day with a comfortable breeze. Dropped the first lines around 7 in about 40 feet of water and trolled for the next 45 minutes with not so much as a hit. We were using some sort of rubber worm rig. After being instructed that a 'fish dance' might be necessary to help the days bite we re-rigged with live eels and almost immediately got some huge hits. First catch of the day was mine and it was a 43 lb. striper! Easily the biggest fish of my life and an absolute blast to reel in. Next fish in the same spot was a 36 lb striper which my friend caught. After that we had a bunch of blue fish cutting lines but managed to reel in 3 and kept 2. We moved to the other side of the island and caught about 10 Black Sea Bass, 3 Scup and 1 Fluke. All around a great day.

Here is a photo of the big catches of the day. L to R: 43 lb bass, the two blues, and the 36 lb bass. (hope this embed works, if not heres a direct link http://i.imgur.com/DgMKNJP.jpg)

[/url]
RobO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great outing! Nice fish!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: