CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Fishing from shore
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wfparys

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject: Fishing from shore Reply with quote

Can someone recommend a place with a lot of shoreline access that I can fish for bass etc.
Jimnact

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject: Tough go in CT Reply with quote

Your best bet is too find the lakes and ponds contained with in state forest or state parks. Although these are not always the most prolific lakes. A lot of lake front property in CT is privately owned. You might want to invest in waders or hip boots as the shoreline on some areas has heavy tree and shrub cover. Getting a couple feet from shore can make casting much easier. Don’t forget the rivers either. I have decent results at Mansfield Hollow, Bigelow Pond. I have ok results at Birr Pond State Park . Although the entire shoreline is state owned and i have fished from it , the only catches came while kayaking. Lake Congamond as the fishing pier but have never caught anything other than pan fish. There is small area on the NorthEnd of the south lake. Lake McDonough as extensive shoreline but again the only catches came in my kayak. The CT Deep publishes an excellent boot on early every lake and river in the state including access and it list shoreline and boat ramp access as well as information on the lake at as it relates to fishing
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There aren’t any decent places to fish “with a lot of shoreline access”, other than children’s trout ponds. Your best best is to just check out your local ponds.

Last Friday, when it was too windy for boating or kayaking, I walked down to my local pond. It has a culvert that almost always holds a largemouth bass. On Friday, I pulled four out of it:

Here’s the three pound, three ounce lunker:

I caught a fifth keeper, so I actually got a full bag. Sometimes, shore fishing isn’t so bad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: