CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: Fishing Locations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongIslandWaters

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Fishing Locations Reply with quote

I am new to the site, I currently attend the university of Hartford in Hartford, CT and was wondering if anyone could let me know of close lakes to the university that i could fish for small mouth bass, bass, and trout. thanks
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi LIW!

The best way to find the information you seek is to get a copy of the "Ct. Angler's Guide" or go up on the Ct. DEP web site.
That will give you a list of all the ponds and lakes in Ct.
Also a list of all the streams and rivers in Ct.

Also get a road map of Ct. which will also help you to get to the waters you wish to fish.

Best regards,
SeaDog1
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site LIW. Are you fishing from shore or do you have a canoe or boat?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks seadog I plan on downloading a copy of that for myself today.

Slimecoat I will be mainly fishing off docks and shore. Maybe it might be time to invest in a used canoe?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Farmington river is full of trout, and Rainbow Resevoir in Windsor/Granby for trout and both species of bass. The CT river for both species of bass, stripers etc.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Fishing Locations Reply with quote

LongIslandWaters wrote:
I am new to the site, I currently attend the university of Hartford in Hartford, CT and was wondering if anyone could let me know of close lakes to the university that i could fish for small mouth bass, bass, and trout. thanks

Welcome to the site LIW!
I suppose it depends on your definition of "close" in relation to UofH, especially if you want to catch something. I'm in the same general region, but I'd rather drive an extra 20 - ∞ minutes than fish at a place like Batterson, where the water is always choppy and the bass are anorexic. However, if you were asking about catfish, I'd recommend it highly. Can't help you with river fishing at all, but trout fisherman never seem to stop talking about the Farmington River. When fishing season officially begins, read the weekly reports on the DEP site. Shore/dock fishing will limit you a lot...some seasons more than others. A canoe is much better than no canoe.
I'm new here too...ask questions! There's a surprising amount of friendly & helpful people on this site! Smile

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
LongIslandWaters

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks slimecoat those are within good distance for me to fish and will be added to my list of locations.

turtlekiss, batterson sounds great also, that is a good distance for me to drive from school also good considering my friends and I have made a few trips out to westfarms mall and it appears to be right there.

Any other areas within 15-30 minutes driving from school are all in my range, any more help from anyone is always appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site,,,,check out bolton lake
its not a far drive for you and its open year round
plus there is upper bolton lake and a lower bolton
lake both fishable from shore and they stock catfish
and it has smallmouth,largemouth,bass,its off rte 44
goodluck
Old Mud

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELCOME ABOARD Long Guy Land !!!! As you see "Ask and you shall recieve" lots of good info. here. Very Happy

don

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: