CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Fishing trip 6/11 got wet and got skunked
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishndaze

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject: Fishing trip 6/11 got wet and got skunked Reply with quote

Well the Fish'NDaze II was waiting on a new starter motor to show up so my buddy and I took his 18 foot bass tracker out on the sound out of niantic CT. Got on the water a little later than I had planned but the weather was great and the seas were calm so we had a nice quick ride over to plum gut. We ended up getting go plum gut towards the end of the outgoing tide and started fishing our usual drifts trying different styles of jigging and chunk bunker. We didn't get a chance to catch any live bunker because my buddy's fish finder wasn't working but it seemed the main bite was on live lined bunker although most of the boats around us weren't catching a thing the whole time. We stayed there until around 2 when it started raining alot so we decided to dawn our rain gear fish a few more drifts and after a brief moment of excitement from my buddy hooking up on a fish it was ended by him losing said fish. Had a smooth but wet ride back to the launch in niantic but an age old saying I agree with is a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work. We had a relaxing trip with some decent weather and calm seas. Hopefully next trip we will put that zero behind us.

"A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work"
RobO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report.

A bad day of fishing is definitely better than a good day at work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: