CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Florida Gulf side.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genesis2245

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Florida Gulf side. Reply with quote

May be going to Florida in Oct. thinking of somewhere around the Marco Island area. Was just wondering if anyone who has traveled down there has any suggestions on towns to stay in that have great fishing opportunities. Wanna make use of the time there and any info would be greatly appreciated.
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that depends on what you want to do. If you want a touristy fishing and nature sightseeing trip in the area around Naples Bay, Captain Mike Bailey is your guy:

http://www.fishinnaples.com/

I took my wife and kids out with him several years ago. When we went, the water was murky from a recent storm, so the fishing wasn't great. We ended up catching only five whiting and one sea trout. However, the highlights of the trip were when Captain Mike called a bald eagle down from the trees and when a pod of dolphins surfed down the bay on the wake of his boat, the Ms. B. Haven:

Captain Mike is quite the local naturalist. We even did some beachcombing on Keewaydin Island. My wife, who has no interest in fishing, and my kids, who were both fairly young, really enjoyed the trip.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the tip. I will definitely look into this. Thank you for the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: