CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Florida Trip
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pointingdog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Florida Trip Reply with quote

Just returned to the site from the LONG winter... Had some fun in Florida.

The carp was fouled hooked on the VERY tip of the tail. Did not know what I had on, until after the 20 min long fight. The way it took line, I thought it possibly may had been an alligator, but lucky for me, it was not! Suprised how the hook would not let go, he fought like a champ! Had to use pliers to get the hook out!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey that was a nice bass and that looked like a good size grass carp u caught i useto catch them all the time in windsor locks at spring park
slimecoat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That bass is pretty small coming from Florida waters! Shocked

I also don't see a Florida fishing license hanging from that funny looking hat you have on. Rolling Eyes Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PD, thats all you have after spending a long winter in Florida, that is a nice bass, my buddy in toho says the spawning is in the works and there bed fishing but overall threw winter fishing has been # of small fish.Im sure Tralli is killing them on beds, My buddy wanted his # to see if he wanted to go out, but I dont have his cell#
Pointingdog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="I also don't see a Florida fishing license hanging from that funny looking hat you have on. Rolling Eyes Laughing[/quote]

That licence is a lot cheaper than the $40 CT wants! Don't thnk i'll pay that either!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll pay it and you'll be happy about it, ok mister! Laughing Besides, we'll be getting that back and more this season! Cool

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man. welcome back. Did you travel with the robins and black birds??

Nice bass... and funny thing about those carp...
I too once foul hooked a carp in The CT river. Nicked its dorsal fin going for pike.
For the first 10 minutes, I thought I had a new State record pike, I couldn't turn the fish... I just had to hang on. and the next 10 mins, once I saw the fish, I thought I had a new state record carp. The carp ended up weighing 23 pounds, and like yours, after a long battle, the rubbery skin of its dorsal fin didn't even stretch, letalone "rip" free.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: