CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: FLUKE? WHAT FLUKE?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: FLUKE? WHAT FLUKE? Reply with quote

Now I know why I am a freshwater fisherman: Went out of Old Saybrook this a.m. Tide was just about to come in. Holy cow some really great looking boats (my 18'er could be the tender on most of the boats I saw) anyway found bell bouy 8 and started drifting (like I was told) with squid pieces and then sandworms: NADA, the only thing biting were the flies. must have made a dozen drifts; 30 to 60 feet of water. That is some beautiful state ramp under 95 but I would hate to try there on the weekend (doesn't anyone work?) Oh well might try one last ditch attempt on monday out behind Charles Island (got alot of squid and sandworms left) cmorjoe
flukeprodigy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try squid strips topped w/ mackeral, rigged hi lo style w/ bucktail mylars and you'll get em if they're around. Either that or take the trip to Rhode Island for some real flukin'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or try a bucktail tipped with squid trip.
squid and killies
Mackeral and squid
Eel
Shad or bunker strips
Sea robin bellies
live snappers

Anything with a teaser.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: saltwater curse in full gear! Reply with quote

I used a fluke rig with the squid strips (had a bucktail rig) guess I am just a sweetwater fisherman at heart. THE SALTWATER CURSE IS IN FULL GEAR! cmorjoe
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u may have just caught a bad day.If the fish are turned off then u don`t have a chance.
Like we can all agree on.
You can fish in the same spot for 4 hours blackfishing never getting a hit then in 15 minutes u catch 5 or 6 fish then nothing again.
Persistence pays especailly when learning something new.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ploplopfizzfizz wrote:
u may have just caught a bad day.If the fish are turned off then u don`t have a chance.
Like we can all agree on.
You can fish in the same spot for 4 hours blackfishing never getting a hit then in 15 minutes u catch 5 or 6 fish then nothing again.
Persistence pays especailly when learning something new.

nothing worse than fluke that have lockjaw. Don't feel bad bud. My last trip to rhodie yielded only 1 keeper in over 6hrs of fishing w/ only 4 shorts and a giant searobin. Sometimes it just goes down like that. It's best to have a good variety of baits. Try whole squid on a slider rig too. It'll cut out the number of shorts you pull in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: