CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Follow up to My Skeeter Issues!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
htfdfire911

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Follow up to My Skeeter Issues!! Reply with quote

For any of you that read the blog I posted about the problems I am having with my new Skeeter here is an update to the situation.

Today I received a call from Skeeter VP Jeff Stone...I have to say I was surprised at the fact he did make the return call and I am grateful to him for giving me the opportunity to talk with him..

I did most of the talking for the 29 minutes we spent on the phone and was again surprised when Mr. Stone referenced the blogs I had posted on the subject that he had the chance to read. He also received the information from the Better Business Bureau of Texas and was aware of my complaint to them..

I felt good knowing that while I sat here blogging to all the members of the site thinking SKEETER didn’t really care about this situation that they were in fact aware of my blogs and communications on the web sites.

I think that has given me a boost in confidence that at this point I really needed to avoid my taking steps that very well may have prohibited us from communicating directly in the future, ie: retaining an attorney.

When I started out this blog I had ideas as to what it would take in my opinion to rectify my situation but honestly as I explained to Mr. Stone I didn’t think Skeeter could meet those requests.

In short my letters never directly mention any of these ideas because like I said I didn’t think they were even possible and I was hoping that Skeeter or someone would offer a suggestion as to what the tangible possibilities were for the situation.

In my report to the B.B.B. of Texas they need you to state what in fact your looking for to resolve the issue at hand, and I did state a replacement boat of equal value or a full refund.

Mr. Stone and I discussed this briefly and I again stressed my concerns that these solutions might not be realistic...However he listened, and didn’t just slam the door shut by saying that isn’t going to happen!! And for that I have to give him credit.

We ended the conversation with him telling me he would contact the dealer today or tomorrow and discuss the situation and get back to me which I am looking forward to seeing what in fact that conversation produces in the way of a solution.

I realize its difficult for me to at time be objective as I am too close to this situation but I stand strong in my opinion that as a consumer all I need to feel is that I matter and that I get the value from the purchases I make....

Will this situation be resolved from this one 29 minute conversation, no! I seriously doubt the possibility of that happening. But for the moment two things have happened that for me carry a lot of weight!

One...I know that by talking to all of you and getting the feedback you have offered, somehow Mr. Stone and Skeeter became aware of that fact and are listening.

And two...as long as I know they are listening I can have a glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe I might get a boat that isn’t plagued with problems like this boat appears to be.

That might be stretching the limits of expectations...but yesterday...I didn’t think they gave a hoot!!!

Only time will tell...And I will keep you all posted as things develop!!

Thanks For Listening!!

Jim C.
Old Mud

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info. Jim.That surly would give one hope that this could be resolved in a ethical way. Nothing is better than Good customer relations, Nothing !!. This is what keeps a good company in buisness. So far that's great information.

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
htfdfire911

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Sounds of victory, my just have been a smoke screen!! Reply with quote

Hey folks...Things have been busy here so I havent had time to respond to the questions and comments...

Well let me first say I believe I may have sounded the horn of victory WAY TOO SOON!!

I haven't heard a peep from Mr. Stone other than to say I need to sit down with a rep from Skeeter and the dealership to list all the issues in catagories..

Warranty Issues..Non Warranty Issues and things I may have broke...Of which I havent broke anything so I am not worried...

However after giving this some thought myself and people of legal education...LOL seem to feel this is a way for Skeeter to somehow lessen the situation in their favor...

To maybe put some show of good intent in fixing something that maybe wasn't under warranty to make themselves look better...

Well...sorry I wanted the rear tie down that broke after 3-4 trips to the water replaced and it wasn't a warranty item according to the dealership....Sorry I wanted the white fiberglass running board on the trailer that had 4 quarter sized rust stains on it from substandard screws THEY used to install the part...

And I am sorry that after writing the check for the HUGE ASS amount I did and 3-4 trips later I DIDN'T wanna hear anything about it not be a warranty covered item!!!

Sorry that I ruffled the feathers of the people I did when I went outside the chain of command for lack of better ways of putting it and got the SKEETER VP involved!!

Because had I not taken this into my own hands I believe some people may have thought there was a sign somewhere on my body that said bend me over and make it hurt!!

I would stake the boat on it that the only reason Mr. Stone returned my call was because as I was notified by the Texas Better Business Bureau he was notified of my complaint the day before!!!

As for going into specifics...I basically received what boils down to a gag order!! But in the defense of Skeeter they did it in a nice way....

Well when was my post made about the potential deal...almost two weeks ago? Something like that....and given the fact that I have taken this blog to around 36 sites to date and received at minimum 100 positive responses to it I would think that the other 40 or so sites I have on file that I can still blog on might indicate to Skeeter a need to make this meeting happen LIKE YESTERDAY!!

The clock is ticking away..and with it my patience!!!

I have little to no concern for how busy a schedule the people who I need to meet with might have!! Give me my money back and I will give you the boat...and then I WILL PATIENTLY wait to buy it back after we have the meeting!!!

Lets see how long Skeeter or anyone else concerned in the matter would wanna be on the loosing end of this waiting game!!

Okay....blood pressure is up now....time to start updating my blogs across the country!!

Have a good night guys....I will keep you posted as NOTHING HAPPENS and time ticks away!!
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim so sorry to hear of the problems you are having. I hear alot of stories about these type of things happening,but not just in the boat industry. About 10 years ago i had a new grandcheerokee and it was a lemon (20plus times same problem,no fix),when The owner of BOLLES Motors ,brian bolles called chrysler and told them the situation,their respnse was "let him file a lemon law suit,bu the time it goes anyplace his lease will be up"....nice huh? All i wanted was to trun the car in and get a new one,an upgraded model no less. Bolles took the car back with no fees etc and i got a new one. thats customer service,chrysler did not give bolles any renumeration for that and now they have a customer for life. it seeems to me that your dealer may want to consider doing the same,although boat dealers tend to be "cocky" because they are the "only show in town" so to speak...i wish you luck and i am surprised that the dealer (esp if it is reynolds) has not done more to help you as they have been very good to me over the years.
johnny
htfdfire911

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Hey Johnny Reply with quote

Well I am glad to hear you got the dealer to back you and help you out...For me the dealership fixes the problems faster than normal ACCORDING TO THEMt and then charges Skeeter for the warranty repair work.

What incentive is there for the DEALER to get me a boat that works and doesn't need work....LOL

All that might do is make me happy and loose them all the money they make each time the boat get brought in for a repair.

When your held over a barrel...you just gotta drop your drawers and smile when those cocky people stick it to you because they can always tell you to go somewhere else...Knowing full well thats a long ways from Kansas ToTo!!

And dont think they dont use that scare tactic!!

Fortunately for people, we are covered under Breach Of Contract Regulations..Yea sure they can still take the boat in and sit on it for a month when they do...but thats a great tool to use against them because it wont be hard to point that out in court if and when the time comes!!

Anyways my biggest point in starting this blog is to point out to people that these companies...be it Skeeter or Dodge just screw people at will and sit back after the deal is done and let you FIGHT YOUR BUTT OFF to get whats owed to you...

And more importantly WHAT YOU PAID FOR and DESERVE.

Its a shame but the NEGATIVE feedback from all the sites my blog has generated has been noticed...So thats a positive!!

Unfortunately the at the request of Skeeter after they tossed out a resolution I turned that that heat down and like CLOCK WORK they in turn slowed down the process of giving me what they offered!!

Well as I sit here and steam over it I am starting to think I should pick right back up where I left off and use all this steam to start cooking again!!

At this point I have nothing to loose from where I see it!!

I stand to loose what? There isn't ANYONE involved really PUSHING to get me what I paid for......LET ALONE what I deserve....

And to be honest the attorney I have consulted with thinks that a few law suits sent here and there might just be that poke in the kiester some people need to start taking me serious!!

I just kick myself for NOT attending the boat show with my RIG and giving people the REAL scoop on what you can expect from a Skeeter Bass Boat and ALL the people involved with one!!!

I will be updating the situation again as thing continue to NOT HAPPEN!! LMAO!!
Nickp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear this is still going on Sad

Certainly doesnt say much for quality control and customer satisfaction, I mean the goal is to make you a lifelong customer buying several boats from the company over the years, hence the usual dealer bending rules/making the customer happy. Doesnt look like youve made progress with either the dealer or manufacturer, I for one have always thought and been told skeeter was an inferior product by the guys fishing the federation yet alot of them had them because it was affordable.

Double standard type deal but enough to make me never want to buy a new skeeter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: