CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Free Boat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2Guys1Fish

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Free Boat Reply with quote

Yesterday I got my first boat. And the best part is that is was free. Its a 14 foot aluminum v hull. The only thing is that its got a drain plug that I have never seen before. its on the floor in the back near the transom, but not through it. Does anyone have any clue as to what kind of plug i will need for this. Thanks in advance for any help, I will try to get a pictures up today.
billybass

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is no plug in it you can get them from walmart or cabelas they are only a few dollars,Im pretty sure it if the boat takes water in you can get rid of it once your back on your trailor.My lowe has the same setup..if it doest go threw then maybe somebody filled it dew to leaking.....goodluck
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get some pictures up and we can give you more info. to help.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the hole on the outside of the boat look like? Maybe, it's threaded and requires a plug on the outside instead of in.

ps: Congrats on the boat,..you're going to be loving life this season!! Wink
flippy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, your right, Ive had a few little boats growing up and I remember I had one that I couldnt find a plug for, I actually used a rubber thing that you put threw the hole and tighten the wing nut and it spread apart and caused a seal, they use it for stripped drain plugs on cars. It was only like a 1/2 inch hole.
ballpond85

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: drain plug Reply with quote

My boat is same way...is there a gaurd under it which prevents you to see through the hole? mine was 3/4 in hole
metalfish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flippy wrote:
Mark, your right, Ive had a few little boats growing up and I remember I had one that I couldnt find a plug for, I actually used a rubber thing that you put threw the hole and tighten the wing nut and it spread apart and caused a seal, they use it for stripped drain plugs on cars. It was only like a 1/2 inch hole.

Oversized drain plug. I sell alot of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: