CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Free line sample in Aug issue of FLW Outdoors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Free line sample in Aug issue of FLW Outdoors Reply with quote

In case you guys haven't seen in this months issue of FLW Outdoors the magazine comes with a 110yd spool of new Trilene Transoptic line. Mine came with 15lb test. This line is a nylon monofiliment which turns gold in the sunlight yet invisible underwater. Awarded best new fishing line at 2009 ICAST show in Florida.

Have yet to use it but I plan on spooling it onto my 7'6" Ugly Stick soon enough. Once I give it a try I'll let you all know what I think, but I figure you can't go wrong with free line and a good fishing mag Cool

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GARBAGE! I was very disapointed with the line. I put the 15lb on a heavy crucial for buzzers and what not and 20lb on my jig rod. I hated it. The sight thing is complete lie. You cant see it at all! Unles your in the sun big time. No use fishing shady laydowns/brush.

It strectches like you wont believe. Its very mushy line. Hard to feel bites.
dave_376

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick,
where and when did you pick it up? it sounds great for fishing deep.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave_376 wrote:
Nick,

Why would you want a stretchy line with poor sensitivity for fishing deep????
pdcrack

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just4fun wrote:
dave_376 wrote:
Nick,

Why would you want a stretchy line with poor sensitivity for fishing deep????

was wondering the same thing Question Question Question
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you wouldn't LOL.

I tried this line out today spooled up my Ugly Stick (which i said was 7'6" but is actually only 6'...my other rod downstairs is the big one). anyways...spooled it up, the color gold was pretty obvious in the sun but once i got to the pond and it was more overcast it was harder to see.

Found it difficult to cast out, originally had some line looping issues but i had spooled up too much of it onto the reel.

NickP is right, the line is very stretchy and has an odd feel. I felt the hits I got but couldn't set the hook, I think it was due to the incredible stretch of the line.

Not sure how I feel about this line yet. I'm gonna give it another shot, the trip was frustrating overall besides the line issues. Anyone else use this stuff?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh forgot one positive: the line seemed very easy to get a nice tightly cinched knot tied to the hooks/swivels for what that's worth...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw its not suppossed to stretch at all- I was told I didnt know what I was talking about and that copolymer doesnt stretch. The last I checked- braid stretchs and so does flouro.
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickP,

gonna give this line another go once i'm out on the lake tomorrow. bad luck my first time around with it so hopefully i'll have less issues this time.

i am pretty sure this line is a nylon monofiliment, if it's not supposed to stretch than something was wrong with my line sample, haha.

i'll have a better opinion after tomorrow, the first time i used it sucked so bad it was hard to give great feedback on the performance.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When nick was first trying this line out he got a jig caught between a couple of rocks on his 15lb test. He tried for over 5 minutes to break the line and i've never seen so much line stretch in my life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: