CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: French's Cove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnyfly00

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: French's Cove Reply with quote

Fished french's cove in Oxford today with my girlfriend kaitlin. I fished anywhere between 20 and 10 feet of water. We came up with around 20 or 25 perch, and one keeper crappie. The perch were mostly small but we pulled out a handful of keepers. I was using mostly a orange/green/yellow forage minnow, alternating between dead shiner heads and maggots. Both worked equally well on the perch. Kaitlin had slghtly more success than I did with a similar jig that had blue and pink coloring with a rattle, tipped with maggots. Didn't use tip ups today because I didnt know of any bait shops in the area. Overall a good day for the first time being out there. The only issue with this area is the lack of parking. A couple people were parked halfway on the street and halfway into the snow but I couldnt do that because I don't have 4wd. I luckily found one part of the road that sort of curved inward towards a sewer but I heard some crazy lady screaming at all of us because someone had parked near her driveway. She was like threatening to get the car towed and counting down from ten. Pretty hilarious. I can imagine the parking will be a lot better when the snow thaws. Another point of interest was the condition of the ice. It was about 3 inches of white ice on top of 4 inches of slush on top of 9 inches of black ice. I drilled about 20 holes and this required some effort with my Lazer 6 inch hand auger. But it was safe for sure.
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: LOL! Reply with quote

When asianfisher (aka Billy) and I went fishing yesterday, we had only an eight inch auger and drilled only a dozen holes, including five for tip-ups. I'm ashamed to confess that Billy drilled most of them. When his uncle showed up, he brought a six inch auger. It was hilarious watching and listening to him telling Billy where to drill holes. "Over here, Billy! No, to your left! now back toward me! Six more inches! Okay, right there!" Surprised

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: LOL! Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
When asianfisher (aka Billy) and I went fishing yesterday, we had only an eight inch auger and drilled only a dozen holes, including five for tip-ups. I'm ashamed to confess that Billy drilled most of them. When his uncle showed up, he brought a six inch auger. It was hilarious watching and listening to him telling Billy where to drill holes. "Over here, Billy! No, to your left! now back toward me! Six more inches! Okay, right there!" Surprised

I was wondering if there was some sort of hand auger speed drilling competition that I could enter him in...he's about as good as electric.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
jhines

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to watch yourself by French Cove I know someone who had his car towed because he was too far into the street when there was snow. He went up to his car when he saw the police and it didn;t matter they towed him anyway. I have also herd that someone drives by and will throw rocks at the car windows. I live close by and avoid it at all costs, besides you can't eat anything from Zoar anyway.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used to work in southbury.. great place in the summer..
JohnS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhines wrote:
You have to watch yourself by French Cove I know someone who had his car towed because he was too far into the street when there was snow. He went up to his car when he saw the police and it didn;t matter they towed him anyway. I have also herd that someone drives by and will throw rocks at the car windows. I live close by and avoid it at all costs, besides you can't eat anything from Zoar anyway.

Guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. Rolling Eyes It's ashame.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: