CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Froggin Ashland! Brought along a Photographer :)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Froggin Ashland! Brought along a Photographer :) Reply with quote

Decided on Ashland instead of North Farms when we got up in the AM. I aimed for some froggin for the day and Ashland is froggin heaven. I brought all my usual setups, but stuck with the frog the entire time, so did the wife. I was using a Spro i found at Dicks (last minute find) and she was using some other stuff i had in the box. I put her on a white one to help her locate it during and after blowups. I was using a red Spro but it looks more brown to me.

Just had to find some Spro froggies after Keith T and I caught some in the pads Wednesday. I was borrowing one that day Smile

It was windy as heck, and normaly i dont enjoy fishing in the wind, but after the first hour or two, i was enjoying the heck out of the success i was having Smile

Here are some pics my photographer took durring the day,

Ok, ok, she did have a couple of blowups, but no hookups Sad

I happen to notice a little complaining from her half way thru the day, and mentioned that she didnt have to come, and doesnt have to come next time either. Suddenly, all that complaining turned into happyness, (I was LMAO). "What a wonderful day out on the boat with you honey". She was even positive about the salty potato chips she didnt bring along Smile

I got this backwards and twisted sense of happiness from her the rest of the day!! You had to be there!! We were laughing our asses off on the way home.

I just had to stop at Tournament Force on the way home and pick up a couple Spro's in some prefered colors. Keith, they had white. I found them behind the white Jr's Smile

We fished 6:30am to 1:30pm.

My hookup ratio was incredible (for me)! I boated 15 fish and didnt weigh one of them. Most seemed to be 2 to 2 1/2 pounds. I did catch a few smaller fish, just to prove to her that it was posible Smile

I lost a few fish, and had maybe a half dozen blowups that didnt connect Sad

For punishment?, i had to take her to dinner, and then a movie Sad We went to see 1408 Smile She had her eyes covered and let out a few screams .....

What a torturous day for her, LOL. But hey, she enjoyed the steak Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sounds like you had fun. Definatly nothing wrong with catching two pounders all day. How was the movie, someone is making me go see it this week also. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the movie was pretty good. I flintched a couple times. Youll surely get freaked out Smile
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice report... that place looks really nice for fishing!
congrats...

Just one more cast...
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a very nice place, but tough to get into. The launch, if you wanna call it that, is just a dirt drive into the water. You end up on the wrong side of a bridge and must go under it to get to the main lake. If you cant make it under, there is only a little bit you can fish.

With my bass tracker, i have a few inch clearence. But ive been there when the water was a little high and the windsheild only made it by 1 inch. There are some other places nearby if you cant make it under.

Also, there is just pull offs on the road for parking. You cant get many cars in them either.

There is another launch down the lower end that is gated and used for club members or something to that efect.

Its very shallow on most of the lake and has very low pressure. About 8 feet max in the main channel, and only 15 feet in front of the dam.

Its loaded with shallows and lilly pads. The pictures do not do it justice!
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice... what town is that in?

Just one more cast...
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its in Jewitt City. Just north of Norwich on 395

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job Rookie. Gotta love fishing top-water!
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothin beats the Frog! Thumbs Up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: