CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Full Moon Bite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Full Moon Bite Reply with quote

Low tide for Black Rock was scheduled for 6:33pm Monday with the full moon. Arrived just before dead low with the 7' Sea Striker setup. Winds were a steady 10 to 15 mph southerly flow.

On one of my very first casts I get a nice explosion on the XRW-13. Set the hook and felt a nice tug but within less than a minute I started dragging it in. Landed a chunky 25.5" striper.

After landing that striper I only had 1 tail swipe on the XRW-13, so I switched over to the SSP-12 which got me a snarbor.

Went back to the XRW-13 and by the time it was almost sunset the snarbors and small tailors started getting active. I lost a tailor on the XRW-13 before switching over to a SP-9 and XRW-9 to see if size had to do with anything. Had snarbors hitting the SP-9 and landed a 20" schoolie with it.

Before it was time to head in I gave the XRW-13 a few more tries but nada.

Hit the road just before 8:30pm.

I was very surprised and disappointed with the bite, esp with it being the perfect moon and tide phase for a good bite. It's been looking like we're now in that mid and late July phase when snappers and smaller tailors have taken over the waters with the bigger stripers more active late at night and better chance of getting a nicer blue around sunset and sunrise. Other fishermen have told me due to the winter we had and the way March and April were, lots of stuff in the environment is 3 weeks behind.
RobO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great report.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: