CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Partners
Viewing Topic: Going Out On Sunday 5/1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mep21

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Going Out On Sunday 5/1 Reply with quote

I'm looking to take out my kayak in search of some bass on Sunday morning.. Not sure where I'm going yet and I'm open to driving anywhere within a 45 minute drive or so of West Hartford. Not too familiar with lakes and ponds in the area so it would be great to meet up with some people at somewhere new.
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm heading over to Nod Brook right now if you want to join me. Probably be there about 7:30am or so. I just checked and this appears to be one of the rare weekends that there are NO dog trials on the schedule.
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ended up not catching any fish...this is the only thing I caught all day...

I talked to a few guys who didn't have any luck out there either. I saw a few small fish swimming around but I also saw several dead fish and what looked like a decaying dead beaver lying along the shoreline. I wonder if there was a partial fish kill at Nod Brook? At least it was a gorgeous day to be paddling.
mep21

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely didn't see this response until now. Usually when someone replies to my post I get an email, but I still haven't gotten a thing about this. I ended up taking the trip out to Burr Pond yesterday. Went from about 1-7PM. Also, didn't have much luck with bass. Not sure if the water up there needs to warm up some more, or if not going earlier in the morning hurt me some. Didn't really spot much of anything either. I'll definitely be going back some time though because that place is just gorgeous on a nice day.

Sorry once again for missing your reply!
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry you didn't miss much Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Partners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: